When you start a recipe with the world “healthy,” I always wonder.. but does it taste good!?
I gave these a try for myself and even my husband didn’t know they were “healthy” they are SO SO good!
- 1 1/2 Cup white whole wheat flour (you can use normal all purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Stir in the shredded zucchini until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and stir until just combined, don’t over mix. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin cups. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Cholesterol 14mg 5%
Sodium 157mg 7%
Potassium 149mg 4%
Carbohydrates 26g 9%
Fiber 3g 12%
Sugar 11g 12%
Protein 4g 8%